The marketing function of describing a product using features and benefits is a critical aspect of communicating the value proposition to potential customers. By clearly outlining the features – the characteristics or elements that make up the product – and the benefits – the advantages or positive outcomes the customer can expect – marketers can effectively showcase how the product addresses the customer’s needs or solves a problem. This approach not only helps the customer understand the product’s functionality but also evokes an emotional connection by demonstrating how the product can enhance their life or work. By creating a compelling narrative around the features and benefits, marketers can differentiate their offering from competitors and ultimately drive consumer interest, engagement, and ultimately, sales.
• Full Lesson Plan
• Perfect for a Sub Day!
• Active Learning Card Sort
• Group Work
• Real-world Product Examples
• Identify tangible and measurable aspects of a product or service as attributes or features.
• Explain the value or advantage provided by a product or service as a benefit.
• Create a list of attributes/features and benefits for a given product or service.
Purchase Marketing – Product: Describing a Product at the Edge of Learning storefront.
UTAH CTE ALIGNMENT – MARKETING 1 (MAY 2022)
Strand 5 Product Service Management
• Students will understand the concept of Product Service Management: the strategies used to create, maintain, improve, and add to a product and service mix.
• Explain the role of product/service management as a marketing function [list benefits and features of a product]
• Explore emerging products in the digital space.
• Understand that successful products need to fill a need and or solve a problem [list benefits and features of a product].